2. OUR SERVICES
We collect personal information which is information that individually identifies you in two sets of circumstances: first – when we provide our Services to educational institutions that contract with us to provide the Services to its students (“Educational Institutions”) we collect information about students and staff; and second – in connection with the use of our Website and Services offered thereon (“Consumers”).
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
When an Educational Institution contracts with EdisonLearning for our Services, we will collect the following personal information from the Educational Institution: name of contact, email address of contact, telephone number of contact, and payment information. In the provision of Services to an Educational Institution, we may also collect the following personal information on teachers of that Educational Institution if provided voluntarily: name, email address, telephone number, school type, student count, and learning role.
The student’s Educational Institution is responsible for compliance with all applicable data protection laws, including providing notice and acquiring consent from the student’s parent or guardian for the collection of personal information and use of the Services. The only personal information EdisonLearning may collect from students participating in the Services through an Educational Institution is name, date of birth, email address, grade level, username/ID, and course enrollment.
We use this personal information to provide the Services to the Educational Institution, to prevent harm, to comply with legal obligations related to provision of the Services, to communicate with Educational Institutions about the Services, and for additional limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION.
Educational Institutions can review or change the information provided to EdisonLearning for the Services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM CONSUMERS
We collect personal information from Consumers directly in connection with the use of our Website and the Services offered thereon.
4.1 Information Collected Directly From Website Visitors
4.1.1 When you interact with our Website:
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
• Apply for employment. When you apply for employment with EdisonLearning, we collect your name, email address, physical address, and telephone number, and your professional or employment information (resume, cover letter, employment history, and educational history). We use this personal information to assess and manage your application with us, and as necessary to comply with the law.
• Contact Us. If you contact us or submit an inquiry or request, we will collect your name, email address, and any additional information you choose to include in your correspondence. We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquires, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Website or Services.
• Subscribe to EdisonLearning news and updates. If you subscribe to news and updates from EdisonLearning, we will collect your email address. We use this personal information to send you news updates as requested.
4.1.2 When you purchase our Services:
We collect personal information directly from you when you:
• Create an account. To use the Services you would need to create an account for EdisonLearning When you do so, we will collect your name and email address. Once your account is created, we will also store your selected password. We use this personal information to create and maintain your account, to communicate with you, and to provide you access to the Services.
• Purchase courses. If you purchase an online course, we will collect your name, physical address, telephone number, email address, and payment card information (card number, expiration date, and CVC code). If you are a parent or guardian purchasing an online class on behalf of your child, we will also collect your child’s name, date of birth, telephone number, and email address. We will not require more information on your child than what is reasonably necessary to participate in the Services. We use this personal information to process your payment, fulfill and manage your purchase, and to communicate with you. Please note your payment is facilitated by Stripe, our third-party payment processor.
We may also use aggregated or de-identified information for research and benchmarking to improve the Services. We may also use the personal information we collect as described in this section to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
4.2. Information Collected Automatically From Website Visitors
In addition to the personal information provided directly to us, we may also collect information automatically as you use the Website via cookies and other technologies. This information includes:
• Usage information. This includes information relating to your time of visit to the Website, pages visited, the frequency of access, time spent on each of page, and referring Website details.
• Location information. This includes information about your location, which may be determined through your IP address.
• Device information. This includes information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, browser, and your preferences.
To collect this information, the Website utilizes the following cookies:
• Essential cookies. These cookies are required for making use of the Website. These cookies authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of the Website. Essential cookies also allow the Website and all of its features to function properly.
• Functional cookies. We use functional cookies to provide enhanced functionality and personalization for you, remember your login information and preferences, diagnose server and software errors, and in cases of abuse, track and mitigate the abuse.
• Analytics cookies. Analytics cookies allow us and our analytics provides to recognize and count the number of users to the Website, see how users interact with the Website, and when users are using the Website. We use this information to improve the Website.
• Advertising cookies. Advertising cookies identify and store behaviors that users take when visiting our Website. These cookies are used in order to identify you as a prospect for our Services, deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you and your interests, limit the number of times you see an advertisement, and help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
• Email cookies. Our emails contain cookies and other technologies to allow us to identify actions taken by recipients, such as open and clicks. In doing so, our email provider, HubSpot, collects certain information associated with the email, such as IP address and time of retrieval. You can disable email tracking at any time by clocking automatic loading of images in your email.
Particular cookies to note for users of our Website include:
• Facebook Pixel. We use Facebook Pixel to customize our advertising and to serve you ads on your social media based on your browsing behavior. This allows your behavior to be tracked after you have been redirected to our Website by clicking on the Facebook ad. The Facebook Pixel stores a cookie on your device to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes. We do not have access to the information collected through the Facebook Pixel. However, the information collected via the Facebook Pixel is also stored and processed by Facebook. Facebook may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes in accordance with Facebook's Data Usage Policy. The Facebook Pixel also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
• Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a tag management system to manage tags used for tracking and analytics on our Website. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all third-party tags on our Website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices
5. Information Collected From Children During Course Participation
Edison Learning collects personal information about children directly from the child’s parent or guardian (as described in Section 4.1.2) and from the child directly as the child participates in the purchased courses. For children under the age of thirteen (13), to participate in the Services, EdisonLearning will obtain parental consent.
If your child is under the age of eighteen (18), an EdisonLearning learning coach will reach out to you to finalize your child’s enrollment. Once your child’s enrollment is finalized, the learning coach will provide you and your child with information on how to access your purchased courses and steps to create an account. Once the account is created, we will store the selected username and password. We do not collect any additional information from your student during the enrollment process and rely on the information provided by you upon purchase (name, date of birth, email address, and telephone number). As your child participates in the purchased courses EdisonLearning will collect and retain their content and assessment information. This information consists of course usage information, grades, points earned, and number of attempts per course. Your child may also provide additional information in the course of working with an EdisonLearning learning coach. We use this personal information to provide the Services as requested.
We will not require more information on your child than what is reasonably necessary to participate in the Services and will only retain your child’s information only for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected. Please note that we may also use aggregated or de-identified information for research and benchmarking to improve the Services, to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
6. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
• With service providers. We may share personal information with our service providers to perform functions on our behalf and to help us administer the Website and Services. These service providers include our payment processor, communications vendor, marketing providers, and IT support. We share the personal information of students and/or minors with the following service provider: our technology provider for our learning platform and courses (FocalPointK12).
• Within EdisonLearning. Where necessary, we may share personal information within EdisonLearning as appropriate to provide our Services, to efficiently maintain our business, and to the extent permitted by law.
• At your direction. Upon your request, we will share your minor’s EdisonLearning transcript with the educational institution of your choice. The transcript will include your minor’s name, courses taken, and grades.
• In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We would also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
• For legal purposes. We will share personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law. We may also report aggregated student information to state agencies as required by law.
7. CONSUMER INFORMATION CHOICES
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
• Correct or view your personal information. You can correct or view certain personal information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account by logging in to your EdisonLearning account.
• Delete, review, or prohibit collection of your child’s personal information. At any time, parents or guardians have the right to prohibit further collection or use of your child’s personal information in association with the Services, the right to direct us to delete your child’s personal information from our records, and the right to review your child’s personal information. You can contact us at 844-553-2766 to request to delete, review, or prohibit further collection or use of your child’s personal information. Parents or guardians may consent to the collection and use of their child’s personal information without consenting to the disclosure of personal information to third parties, other than as necessary for the Services. For parents or guardians of children that participate in the Services through an Educational Institution, please contact your child’s Educational Institution for guidance on how you control the information provided to EdisonLearning.
• Opt-out of Facebook Pixel. You can opt-out of displaying Facebook ads by visiting your Facebook Ad Settings, and you can clear and control the information third parties share with Facebook in your Off-Facebook Activity page. If you do not have a Facebook account, you can opt-out of Facebook ads through the Digital Advertising Alliance.
• Opt-out of Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add on.
• Opt-out of marketing emails. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided with each email. Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to Services, your purchases, and any assistance you request.
8. RIGHTS OF NEVADA RESIDENTS
If you are a consumer in the State of Nevada, you may request to opt-out of the current or future sale of your personal information. We do not currently sell any of your personal information under Nevada law, nor do we plan to do so in the future. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or would like to opt-out of the future sale of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
9. DO NOT TRACK
We do not support Do Not Track (DNT). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
10. INFORMATION SECURITY
We implement and maintain reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information we collect. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
11. AGE RESTRICTIONS
One East Broward Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
(201) 630 – 2600