The following rules apply to all users of any website, learning platform, online courses or other content, technology, applications, products or resources of or made available by EdisonLearning, Inc. (“Company”, “us”, “our”, and “we”), including but not limited to www.edisonlearning.com, as well as any other media channel, mobile website or mobile application related thereto (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Services”). These rules are in addition to and not in limitation of any other rules or requirements, including, but not limited to, those set forth in our End User License Agreement.
We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content (as defined in our End User License Agreement), and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate this Acceptable Use Policy or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, suspending or terminating your Account (as defined in the End User License Agreement, as applicable) in accordance with Section 8 of the End User License Agreement, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities. If you witness or are aware of any violations of this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact your teacher or the Company.
A. You agree to comply with applicable technology codes of conduct and acceptable use policies of your school and/or school district.
B. Posting anonymous messages is not permitted, except for the express purpose of collaborative writing. Impersonating another person also is strictly prohibited.
• Do not publicly post your personal contact information (name, address and telephone number) or anyone else's personal contact information.
• Do not publicly post any messages that were sent to you privately.
C. Your access is password-protected and you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your account information (including your user name and password).
• You agree to use only your own user name and password and not to share your user account or otherwise disclose your user name or password information to anyone else or use the user name, password or other account information of any other person.
• You agree to not aid anyone in gaining unauthorized access to any Services.
• You agree to sign off from the Services and close your Internet browser window when you have finished accessing and using the Services.
• You will notify the Company immediately if your login or password information has been compromised.
D. We expect users of any Services to observe the following rules of behavior:
• You agree that you will:
◦ at all times, comply with all applicable local, state, federal, and foreign laws in using the Services;
◦ only access the Services for educational purposes;
◦ restrict your access to material deemed appropriate by staff and parents/legal guardians;
◦ use appropriate conduct toward others; and
◦ observe and respect license and copyright agreements.
• You agree that you will not:
◦ (directly or through others) contribute, create, upload, post, link to, or otherwise cause the distribution of any content or use the Services in any manner that:
∙ is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, indecent, offensive, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, or in violation of our or your school or school’s district’s rules or policies;
∙ infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary rights of any party or which you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or ﬁduciary relationship (such as inside information, proprietary and conﬁdential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
∙ jeopardizes the security, availability, or integrity of the Services or causes harm to any user and his or her property through the use of malicious code or other contaminating or destructive devices;
∙ transmits advertising material and/or any unsolicited or unauthorized promotional materials, junk mail, SPAM, chain letters, or any other form solicitation in violation of any applicable rules, regulations, or laws or otherwise interferes with the proper working of the Services; or
∙ otherwise violates the terms of our End User License Agreement.
E. We assume that all work submitted by you is your original work product. You agree not to engage in plagiarism when submitting your work. Plagiarism is copying or taking the work or ideas of another and passing them off as your own. Failure to abide by these standards will be reported to the appropriate school administrative authorities and may result in loss of credit and revoked access.
Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to:
• Copy or rephrase another person’s work.
• Have someone else rewrite an assignment or rephrase any part of an assignment (not just proofread it).
• Copy content from student aids (for example, Cliff Notes), critical sources, reference materials, or other materials, in part or in whole, without acknowledgment (including by rephrasing ideas borrowed from such materials).
Any quotations from a source require full citations, including author, title, publisher, date of publication, and page number. If you're citing information found on a website, provide the complete Web page or website title, URL, author if known, page number if applicable, and publication date of the site, if available.
F. All content provided by or through the Company is owned by the Company and its licensors and protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unauthorized use, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.
You agree not to use any automated program, electronic agent or bot to access Services (provided that the foregoing does not prohibit you from utilizing customary accessibility tools as contemplated by the Americans with Disabilities Act).